Monday, June 11, 2012

Dining Chairs are Done!

This weekend my dining chairs finished their transformation.  I ordered fabric online, just hoping that it would go with the other elements already in play in the dining room.  I got it for $8 a yard on fabric.com.  This will be the 4th recovering of this set of chairs between my mom and then me. 

I thought the curvy pattern would compliment the rug even though they aren't the exact same shades of grey.  Once I convinced Stewart this was not his new dog blanket, I was able to get my pieces cut and set up the staple gun.

It was much easier when I had recovered with the mustard fabric years ago.  This go round I had to worry about a pattern.  I tried my best to make all the pieces match without wasting too much of my fabric.  Since Stewart was scared of the staple gun, he hid in my bedroom allowing me to knock this part out fairly fast.


Once covered, I just had to pop them back into the chairs and screw them back in. 


As you can see, the aren't exactly the same color but they still work with the rug (and walls and curtains).



I love the way this whole project turned out.  Between the paint and the fabric it cost me $65.00 total.  Much more agreeable than buying an entirely new dining set. 
After about 40 years in service, I'd say this table still has a lot more to give.  I have a whole new appreciation for it. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks so good. Amazing what a fresh coat of paint and new fabric can do!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs look awesome!! That room has really coming together!

    ReplyDelete