Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yard Update

Just when everything was starting to look good....I had a hail storm, a new dog with a penchant for "marking" and a bug rebellion hit the garden.  But all is not lost.  My roses are doing a geat job struggling against hail damage and Stewart's own special form of "watering".
After planting

Current
My lantana is really doing good.  I hadn't had the best luck with lantana in the past but I seem to be doing pretty good.

My weeding skills could use some improvement but at least the plants are all alive!  My neighbor's crape myrtle is blooming over my fence and really makes an impact on my back yard.  It also sprinkles blooms all on my seating and yard but at least it's festive.

The garden is going through a little bit of a transition. After thinking I was going to be eating squash three meals a day for the entire season...this happened.


And now it's completely dead.  I'm not sure if Stewart peed on it or if some bug got it but it's definitely gone.  I'm going to replant these squares soon.  My spinach and green pepper died after a hail beating but I haven't given up on them yet.  They may be able to come back. 

Luckily my other peppers are great, as are my tomatoes. 

I've made a few batches of salsa so far (adding store-bought onions and cilantro) and it has been great!  Yesterday I accidentally harvested the world's smallest carrot.  I think my seeds are a little close together so this guy punched up a little too soon. 

All in all things are still doing pretty good considering all the adverse conditions they have been put through.  Now I just have to figure out what I want to replace my dead squash squares.  And then teach Stewart on to pee on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment