Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Law & Order: D.O.G.

It's amazing what all you can buy on the internet.  I truly don't know how we survived without it.  If it wasn't for my good friends at Amazon, how else would I have gotten my hands on this:
That's right, it's a doggy DNA kit for the loving mutt in your life.  Monday morning I mailed off a couple of cheek swabs to a lab in Nebraska and in 2-3 weeks I will know Stewart's breed.  Or mix of breeds.

The rescue group gave him the generic label of 'Hound/Lab'.  I'm pretty sure he's going to come back with an impressive mix of a handful of breeds.

Stewart is definitely one of kind, but it will be nice to get a sense of where his temperament and markings come from.  He is also pretty good with his training so far.  We've got 'sit' mastered and occasionally 'stay'.  He's also staying off the couch so far.  Wish I could say the same for my bed at night.

Stewart is many things.  A sweetheart.  A goof ball.  An exercise buddy.  And I can't wait to learn more about him with the DNA results.  There's one thing I'm pretty sure he's not, though...
...a chihuahua.  And if he wants to survive in this house, he should probably stay on Pablo's good side.  Just a tip from someone who's been bitten in the face too many times to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment