Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bring on the Color Pops

This past weekend was all about color.  I had a shelf full of spray paint and wasn't afraid to use it.  First I tackled my T, E, and S with Rich Plum.

Much better than the black version that just blended into the sideboard.  I went pretty bold with my large mirror and painted it Fire Orange.


It is a pretty bright reddish-orange.  It's definitely loud.  I'm still getting used to it but so far I'm digging it.  The bowl on my table was recently ordered from CB2.com and ended up being a great pop of yellow.  And it works good with the random Z Gallerie yellow flowers that I threw on the table along with some mercury glass votive candle holders.

I'm not very good with tablescapes so I'll probably just shuffle things around until I find something that's perfect or I get bored.  I originally bought this mirror vase and flowers to go on the table when I was at Z Gallerie.

It's funny how things can look so small in a large store and then you bring it home and put it on your table...and laugh at how ridiculously oversized it is for your room.  But I love it so now it just lives on the floor.  My other new addition to my dining room is Mr & Mrs Muse.

I finally got to go by the Dallas Jonathan Adler store and had to buy something.  Most of it was way out of my price range but Mr & Mrs Muse weren't.  They are actually salt and pepper shakers but I'm going to pretend they're art. I think they rock and are right at home in my crazy dining room.

1 comment:

  1. I love love love your TES, Mr. and Mrs. Muse and the mirror vase. Good eye, Thea ;)

    ReplyDelete