Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dining Room Chairs

I finally found the time to start working on my dining room table and chairs a couple of weeks ago.  I decided the room was pretty much stalled until I got this part tackled.
I started with the chairs.  These would be easy because I could just take them out back and spray paint them.  My table if a different story since it's heavy and would require help to get it outside.


One by one I removed the fabric pads from all the chairs.  Recovering those would be a whole different project. 


Each chair used a can of spray paint applied in several thin coats.  It took one day to get them all painted and then dry enough to bring inside.  The blazing sun and slight wind probably helped my drying time in between coats.

Can I just tell you how much this spray can grip from RustOleum changed my life?  My dad picked this up for me a while back.  It just pops on the top of a spray paint can and eliminates not only my index finger cramps but also my tendency to cover it in paint.  Brilliant!
I love the way they turned out.  It's amazing how updated they feel to me just by changing the color. 

The table was next up on the to do list.  But I'll get to that tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment