Monday, June 25, 2012

Stewart Update

This weekend I got Stewart's DNA results back from Wisom Panel!  It was much faster than I expected.  He is definitely a mixed up mutt. 

Smiling after a long run around the neighborhood
There are 4 main breeds identified in his DNA and then some minor breeds that might be mixed in there as well.
Stewart is a Rottweiler/Golden Retriever Mix crossed with an Irish Terrier/Siberian Husky cross.  Crazy stuff!  He also has a little Bernese Mountain Dog, English Bull Terrier, Welsh Corgi and Great Dane in him.  Stewart, a true Heinz 57 dog. 

He likes to sleep like this
He's been doing very good.  He has met a few new friends.  Sadly he got into a little scuffle with Tucker but I don't think I'm going to have problems with him and other dogs.  We went to the vet last week and got all his shots updated.  He weighs 65 lbs! 
Hank and Stewart - Laser Puppies
Stewart and Tucker, before their disagreement

Pablo comforting Stewart and his scratches, explaining it's rude to fight with other dogs
This past weekend I boarded him for the first time and he did great!  The staff said he was quite the sweetheart.  I was pretty crazy when I got him home this morning but I think he's just happy that I came back for him. 
We start treatment for his heartworms this next month.  I can't wait to get him 100% healthy!  I've grown quite attached to this little guy (who is not so little).

No comments:

Post a Comment