Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bathroom Facelift

When I was nabbing bedding bargains at West Elm, I also pick up a couple of bathroom items to give my bathroom a facelift.  I've had my shower curtain for 10+ years and somewhere along the line I managed to shrink it by about 8 inches.  Since in the new house, I just lowered the tension rod to get it to semi-cover the tub.
It may be a little hard to see but even lowered it still hung about 5" above the floor.  It's a shame because I liked that shower curtain.  My new curtain matches my duvet.  Also, my new bathroom is too small for a toilet rug (or whatever those are called) and a shower mat.  I opted for get a new shower mat and retired the yellow one.

As you can see the new curtain comes all the way to the floor and the rod is even hanging about 5" higher.  Eventually I will tackle painting the bathroom but that is pretty low down on my to-do list right now.  Instead I hung some $8 wall art from Walmart for a pop of color and called it a day!

A little morning motivational speech while brushing ones teeth never hurt anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment