Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Office Reorg

My poor office.  It has become my house's Island of Misfit Toys.  Basically it ends up with any and all spare furniture and junk.  It is home to my last moving box that has yet to be unpacked.  It is home to several pieces of mismatched furniture.  It is home to my spring and summer clothes.  It gets no respect.  This past weekend I rearranged the room for the 47th time.  It was once fairly neat and tidy.
I liked the idea of floating my desk in the center of the room, even it if was a bit undersized, but then the big red chair moved in.

Things became a tad cluttered.  I made the decision to move the desk back against the wall and have the chair act as a sitting area in the focus of the room.

Notice no matter where the furniture goes, the Public Storage box never moves.  It's like magic.
It definitely helped open up the room a bit more, which in turn will probably just allow me to cram more junk into the room.

It is much easier to access my desk now, especially since I am not dodging the large chair or power cords running along the floor.  I have still yet to hang anything in this room, except for when I randomly "store" pictures by hanging them on nails that came with the house.  Some day...  For now I'm content with my little reading nook in the front room. 
If you look closely, there is a pig on my desk.  That is actually my awesome West Elm Pig iPod speaker.  It makes me happy.
West Elm's Ceramic Pig Speaker

No comments:

Post a Comment