Friday, January 27, 2012

Cyclone Technology

If you know me, odds are I have told you that my Dyson upright changed my life.  I might have even convinced you to buy one. 
I swear my carpets never knew clean until the Dyson rolled into my life.  There is something so rewarding about seeing your dirt swirling before your eyes in the canisters.  A little gross at first, but you grow to appreciate it.  My love affair with the Dyson began one weekend while catsitting for the Rockenbachs.  Wanting to clean up some kitty litter, I grabbed their handheld Dyson in the laundry room.  It was instant attraction.  I was sold.  The next time I catsitted, they had left out the full sized Dyson.  You would have thought I won the lottery.  I vacuumed the whole main floor, enamored with the cyclone technology.  Within weeks, I would own my own Dyson upright and my whole concept of clean would be forever altered. 

Move forward a couple of years and I still love my Dyson, but I have not been able to get that handheld out of my mind.  How great would it be to have something for quick pick-ups?  To not have to drag out the vacuum, plug it in, and then feel obilgated to vacuum everything since I have it out?  Thanks to a little Christmas money from Santa, I was able to make that dream come true!
I found a refurbished model on Overstock.com and it came looking good as new.  I immediately tackled some tumbleweeds in the hallway.  It's perfect!  Now, this handheld only runs about 6 minutes on a charge but I only plan to use it on quick spot treatments in between full vacuums.
This weekend I will get it hung in my laundry room for easy access.  For now I'm just getting it charged so I can play with it some more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment