Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You Say It's Your Birthday

It's my birthday too,yeah!  I woke up this morning just a wee bit older.  I probably also woke up with a few more wrinkles and maybe a gray hair or two but let's focus on the positive!  I scored some fabulous birthday gifts over the weekend from my family that has me ready for springtime.
First up was this awesome book I've been wanting!  As I've mentioned before I'm hoping to add a garden to my backyard and attempt growing a few different veggies and fruits.  This book lays out a method of gardening that is explained best by Wikipedia, "the process of planning small but intensively planted gardens."  It uses raised beds which I will build myself.  How am I going to build it?  Well, this saw I got for my birthday is probably going to play a big part.
I'm so excited to have a power saw.  My arm thanks you, parents.  If only I had this guy when I built Giant Jenga.  My back yard will also be getting some patio landscaping thanks to Uncle Ken.

I'm going to have big pots around the patio furniture and hopefully I will be able to keep the plants alive.  It will help liven up the back patio view.

On top of all of these great gifts, I can't wait to start receiving my new subscription to HGTV Magazine!!!  I am going to be obsessed with these magazines as much as I am with the channel.

I better start reading my gardening books.  Spring will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment