Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter's On Its Way

A wise man once said ...My dad called yesterday to inform me that I need to unhook my hoses from the outdoor faucets because we are now getting into the freezing temps of winter.  Now, I knew that I was supposed to cover my faucets but didn't realize that it's also best to remove all hoses that are connected to them as well.  It's a wonder I didn't learn that lesson at the condo.  My hose stayed connected all through the great Super Bowl Ice Storm and snow to follow. 

Being the wonderful daughter that I am, I took care us this as soon as I got home.  A couple of weeks ago I had invested about $2 a pop in nifty little faucet covers.  I just unscrewed the hose and popped these succkers on!
Easy as can be!  All three of my faucets are now safely winterized and ready for whatever mother nature might throw at us.  And yes, I am tempted to spray paint them off-white to match the house but I will try to restrain myself.  Now it just looks like my house has pimples. 

Thanks for the tip, Dad.  You are a wise man after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment