Monday, January 16, 2012

Checking in on the Winter To Do List

Right before Thanksgiving I posted my To Do list for the Holiday Season.  I'd like to formally rename this the Winter To Do List and that is because the holidays are over but my list isn't.  So let's check in on how productive my winter has been.
My art was finally hung...as long as you don't count the broken frame that is still leaning against the wall.  I haven't decided where it's going to hang yet because I want to get one more frame to go in that area. 

My pre-Christmas and post-Christmas shopping got me pretty well stocked in the decoration department.  I got a new main tree (and several small ones) and conquered hanging outdoor lights.
So now it's on to conquer the rest of my list.  My kitchen currently looks like this, with paint chips in varying shades of light blue hanging everywhere.  It's been a couple of weeks...I should probably make a decision soon.  That is easier said than done.

As far as the sideboard in the dining room, I have come up with a plan and am currently shopping for the new hardware.  I need to pick it out first incase I need to reset the holes drilled on the drawers.  I'm hoping to find pulls that just fit the already drilled holes.  That should be coming together very soon and then I will start priming and painting.

I have come to the sad realization that my boxwoods out front are dead.  Kaput.  Not just sleeping.  It is sad but I'll just have to try again next spring.  Hopefully by planting them earlier in the season this go round, they'll have a better shot of getting established before being hit with 110 degree temperatures. 
Last but now least comes the task of planning for a back yard garden.  I'd really like to be able to grow peppers, zucchinis, tomatoes and a few other staples at some point.  I'm beginning my research by reading my Christmas gift, Neil Sperry's Complete Guide to Texas Gardening.  Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some pointers, not just for my future garden but my landscaping as a whole.
Well, I better get to crackin' on my list.  I need to be finished with these items come March and the unveiling of the Spring To Do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment