Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cleaning Out My Closets

My office is not the only dumping ground in my house.  My closets are slowly becoming mini-hoarder episodes in their own right.  I am obsessed with all the closet space in my house.  My old condo had 2 closets, one in each bedroom.  My new house has 7!  They are fabulous.  They are everywhere you could need one.  They are in danger of being abused.
These guest room closets above look so tidy and innocent.  [they are actually one large closet but since their are two doors, let's just call it two closets.]  Lurking inside of these closets are winter accessories, handbags, hats, evening wear and tons of spare throw pillows.  I decided that if I was going to use any of the items inside then I was going to need to make them more accessible.

Need a hat, handbag, tote or glove?  It's probably somewhere in this pile.  Need a scarf?  Oh, try the big paper box on the top shelf.

You get the picture.  So to fix this problem, I nailed up some wall hangers that I had laying around.  They don't match but they get the job done.

Now I am able to hang my scarves and small handbags!  The top shelf will hold various hats and the bottom shelves will house larger bags, totes and a basket of gloves and earmuffs.  Perfect!
 Now ideally I would have a bedroom closet big enough for all my clothes and accessories.  But I don't so I will be happy with the 7 I have spread around the house.  As I get dressed each morning it's like I get to take a mini tour of my house.  If you are looking for off-season clothes or winter coats, those are in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment