Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bring On The Rain

I'm welcoming the rain not just because the state is in a drought but because it is giving me a chance to take my rain gauge for a spin!  The rain started Sunday night and by Monday morning I had about 3/4".  Not bad, but that rain continued!  And I'm happy to report that according to my backyard weather station we got...
Almost 2 inches!  Not too bad.  I'm sure my grass is loving it.  And by grass I mean green weeds that have taken over my backyard.  Now here's the question, Dad.  When do I dump it out and start over again?  Each night?  When this storm passes?  My rain gauge did not come with instructions.

3 comments:

  1. I really thought your excitement about the rain would be b/c 1) you have a new gauge and 2) the state is in a drought. The reversed order surprised me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can dump it each day of the rain or wait if it is supposed to stop soon. I did notice that the magnifying effect of the gauge will work better if the numbers are on the back side instead of the front.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, when I turn it around I can't read it because the numbers blend with the fences and there were raindrops on the outside. I need to put something white behind it or paint that part of the fence.

    Stacey, it was really 50/50 as to what made me more excited but really it was probably 60/40 rain gauge. ;)

    ReplyDelete