Thursday, February 9, 2012

The $1500 Shopping Spree

I've been a bit AWOL due to an awful stomach bug and my unwise choice to take a 15 week accounting class in a condensed 5 week session.  Apologies.  I will try to keep blogging projects around the house and spare you any talk of balance sheets and depreciation schedules.

Now let me tell you about the third reason blogging has been scarce lately...my $1500 shopping spree last weekend.  I bet you're wondering what I splurged on.  There are so many options. 

Maytag from Home Depot
Maybe I finally got a stainless steel french door fridge that I've been eyeing.  Or maybe I decided to start of with some new countertops.

From bhg.com
No, sadly my shopping spree last Saturday was not so exciting and it certainly wasn't planned.  But it had to happen and I am now the proud new owner of four new tires on my SUV.
I also got some brake pads while I was at it since stopping is pretty important in the grand scheme of driving.  This shopping spree was a little disappointing since I've had to reallocate funds budgeted for home improvement to car expense.  Hopefully I'll be back at it soon.  Until then I'll be pouring over my accounting books trying to learn the secret of generating more cash.  

1 comment:

  1. Girl I feel you - I just dropped $1200 on tires and I can easily think of 1200 things I would rather spend money on than tires! When the hell did they get to be so expensive anyways?!?

    ReplyDelete