Thursday, February 16, 2012

Laundry Line

My laundry room is probably closer to a large closet than an actual room.  But compared to my past, it feels like a room.  At my condo I had a stackable that filled up an entire laundry closet.
Now I have a room/closet that I can actually walk into.  It has cabinets and wall space and a real door.
I've been trying to make use of all the space in my house in the most practical manner and this laundry room is no exception.  Occasionally I have clothes that don't go in the dryer.  When this happens I dry them on a fold out rack.  This rack doesn't fit in my wee laundry room so it usually ends up in the dining room.  And because of "out of sight out of mind", it usually remains there for a week or so. 
While I have no floor space for a drying rack, I decided I did have plenty of wall space and overhead space.  A light bulb went off and $10 at Home Depot later I had this:

A new clothing rod above the washer for drying clothes!  It makes it so easy to hang something up while I'm in the middle of moving loads to the dryer. If I'm too lazy to put the stuff away once it's dry, at least it is hidden behind the laundry room door and not in the middle of my dining room. 

I made sure to measure everything before installing the rod so that I would still have easy access to the top of the washer and to the cabinet shelves.

I'm pretty excited with my new install.  Maybe it will help get me a little more excited about actually doing laundry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment