Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Closet Organization

I have mentioned before how thankful I am for all the closets in my house.  After years in a condo with only 2, it's like a whole new world for me.  I'm still slowly figuring out how best to use them all.  One of my closets is next to my laudry room, right at the entrance to the living area.
Closet seen here, behind the green table
This closet is oddly deep, almost square on the inside.  I've got games and such crammed in it, some random shirts hanging in there and then my Dyson.  Basically just stuff that I haven't found a better place to store.


I decided more shelves might actually make this closet more useful.  Instead of throwing things on the ground, or placing them on shelves so high that I can't reach, I can add more shelves down the back wall.  Brilliant, right?

$40 in supplies at Home Depot and I was ready to go.  I screwed the long rails into the back of the closet and then added my adjustable shelves.


Before I get my new shelves too filled up, I will probably add 2 more shelves to the track.  Not bad for about 30 minutes of work!  And don't worry, even with the shelves there is still penty of room for Dyson storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment