Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dad Saves the World

Maybe I should say Dad Saves DFW.  My point is, ever since my dad bought me my rain gauge it has been raining non stop.  Or so it feels. 
My record so far is 5 inches from one storm.  Just this last Saturday I got an inch and a half.  And I spout this information to pretty much anyone who will listen.  I even had a awkward elevator ride where I jumped into a conversation with total strangers so I could tell them about my rain totals from the previous night.  They smiled and nodded.  I think I'll stick to engaging people I actually know when it comes to rain fall chats.

According to the Star Telegram this weekend, Saturday's rain put us 4 inches above normal whereas last year at this time we were 2 inches below norm. 

So I guess what I'm saying is that if things keep going at this rate, we're all going to have gorgeous lawns this summer and maybe they'll let us water more than just between 3am and 4am on alternating Tuesdays.  Heck, they can keep the water restrictions in place for all I care, because we're not going to need sprinklers anyway.  And you can all thank my dad! 


For now all I ask is for a short reprieve so that I can mow the 8-12" weeds in my back yard.  Seriously.  It's getting out of control.  Thanks alot, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment