Monday, February 20, 2012

The Kitchen Paint it Done!

I knocked out my kitchen paint this weekend.  First I had to freshen up all my trim work and give it a new coat of white paint.
After I finished that chore I allowed myself to go pick up my wall color at Home Depot.  I finished all the cutting in on Saturday and then painted the main walls on Sunday.  I think it was really helpful to start with all the more annoying parts of painting first, and then finishing with the easy part.


Painting above the cabinets was a little bit of a beating and I discovered it's pretty dirty up there.  Note to self: Don't look up there again.  I still have a very tan ceiling that I'm probably going to have to paint.  I know I swore I'd never paint my own ceiling again but somehow the kitchen seems a little more managable.  Being able to walk on the countertops is a big help.

All in all I love the way the color turned out.  Thanks again, Mom!  Good call.  The kitchen now has a little bit of a retro vibe to it and my mod table makes a little more sense in the room.  It is also much brighter now.

Before


After


This was a pretty easy $25 facelift to tackle in a weekend.  Now I shall continue to save money for stainless appliances and new countertops and back splash.  This tile stuff I have now isn't going to cut it in my cute kitchen.


2 comments: