Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars Night

Last night I hosted my first Oscars watching party with all my Dallas girls and had a great evening!  I stocked up on a few items from the party store to set the mood: a Hollywood star for my front door and streamers for the entry hall.

I had plenty of food to fuel us through the 6 hour production (between red carpet coverage and the awards themselves).  I loved the little popcorn bags I found at Party City! 




And I love that I doubled my money in the ballot pool by having the least number of correct Oscar predictions.  I swear I didn't try to lose.  I'm just that bad.  But most of all I loved our Girls' Night In with friends! 

I can't wait to do it again next year!  Hopefully I'll actually see a few of the movies next year and be able to better prepare my selections.
P.S. A special shout-out to Miss Nikki, the original Oscar Watching Party Hostess, who is now living in Florida.  She gave birth to a beautiful little boy this morning!  Welcome Weston!  ...although maybe she should have named him Oscar.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment