Monday, February 13, 2012

Kitchen Paint Picked!

After what seems like months of deliberations, I finally have a color picked out to paint the kitchen.  I can't really take much of the credit, though.  My mom originally suggested the color to me from last month's Better Homes and Gardens:
It's a little beat up because I've been carrying it around with me for a week.  Surfboard is the name of the color she showed me (on the bottom left) and magazine describes it as a blue-grey.  Sounds right up my alley.  The paint is made by True Value and since I don't have one near me, I took it to Home Depot and color matched it using Behr's magic machine.
The machine matched it to the two right bottom colors.  The one on the far left is one of the other colors I had previously slapped up on my wall.  I wasn't even looking at paint chips that looked as green as the new colors did.  All my chips seem to be more along the lines of the chip on the left.  I was a little skeptical but figured it was worth a shot. 


The 'M' and the 'A' are the new colors.  I loved both of them the minute I slapped them on the wall!  After they dried I tested them against my curtains and both looked great.


So after weeks of testing colors, I am proud to say that the color above will be my new kitchen color.  It's Aqua Smoke by Behr and I think it's going to be perfect.  I loved Marina Isle but it was just a tad too dark.  Now I've just got to find the time to start painting!

And I will definitely be running all future paint choice by my mom, who is now my house's official Ambassador of Paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment