Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Winter Wrap Up

Since I've officially declared winter over (coupled with the fact that it never really came) it's time to see what all I got accomplished and what's in store for the Spring and Summer.
Not too bad!  I accomplished everything I set out to do over the cold months!  The main projects were the Dining Room and Kitchen and while not 100% complete yet, I'm staying on schedule as planned.  My boxwoods were beyond reviving but replacing them worked out fine. 

Here's what I plan to tackle of the spring and summer months.  I'm combining the seasons to give me more time because I also plan to spend those months traveling and enjoying life.


I swore off painting ceilings, but I think I'm going to give it one more shot.  At least try the kitchen and hallway.  They are small areas so shouldn't be as traumatic as the living room was.  I will also continue on the dining room by redoing the table and chairs, and hopefully finally getting some curtains in the room.  The kitchen will mostly stay the same as I continue to plan for new countertops.

The bulk of my work will be outside.  I'm determined to bring a little personality to my square of a back yard.
I've already started making my garden planning a reality.  I picked out the location and am in the process of removing previous garden stones to allow for my raised bed.

Unfortunately I ran into a dozen or so residents that were living under these stones.  I've given them notice to please move elsewhere. 

I'm hoping after a week's time I will have the guts to move the stones again.  I know they are not dangerous...but they are still SNAKES.  And they still frightened the bejeebus out of me.

4 comments:

  1. AT LEAST! Most of them slithered away when I turned over the stones but some of them hung out...at least long enough for a quick photo session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, those are REAL?! They look like fake ones. Impressive job on your to do list! I'll be sending my list your way sometime soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lord! I would have dropped dead of a heart attack on the spot if I uncovered a nest of snakes - pretty sure that is my worst nightmare! Be careful my friend!!

    ReplyDelete