Thursday, April 5, 2012

Garden Update, 12 days Post Planting

It has been 12 days since I planted my 16 squares.  For a refresher, 4 were seeds and 12 were plants.  Here is what it looked like that first day.
After about a week, my seeds started sprouting and I was so excited!  Here is one of my heads of spinach popping out of the ground.
After 12 days, all 4 seed beds have tons of sprouts.  I think I'll have to thin them out eventually but I want to see how well they make it before I remove any.

Carrots in the foreground and onions in the background

Spinach in the foreground and more onions in the background
My tomato plants are getting taller and one even has a couple of blooms on it.
I still have another few weeks before I can expect any fruit from this garden but it has already been so fun to watch it grow.  Again, here is what I started with:

And here is what it looked like this morning:

Get your chips ready because I'll be making some awesome salsa this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment