Monday, April 2, 2012

Front Yard Cleanup

It took all weekend but my front yard is finally coming together.  I started my weekend by tackling the squiggly cleanup.  It took a couple of hours and 8 large yard bags.
I raked and swept as much as I could into piles in my driveway before bagging  it all up.  It was a very impressive amount of squiggly debris.  I pulled a bunch of weeds while I was at it.

After it was all bagged up, the mulched part of my yard was looking clean, but was lacking most of its mulch.

Nothing a trip to Home Depot couldn't fix.  Luckily my Home Depot nursery has a drive thru area for dirt, mulch, stones, etc.  I just pulled up to the type I wanted and they loaded them straight in the car.  Then I drove around to the checker who scanned my trunk and took my credit card.  So easy!  It was like ordering a Big Mac.

I got 8 bags of brown mulch for the front yard and 3 bags of red for the back yard.  I started with added a bag and a half to the small front bed with my boxwoods in it.  It has always just been ugly grey dirt so the mulch really helped.


Next I spread the remaining mulch in the front yard.  I ended up a bag or so short but I had enough to really make a big impact.  Now all I have left to mulch is that small area I missed and the long flower bed along the front.  I'll probably need about 5 more bags total.

I managed to tick off this little guy.  He showed up right after I was finished and was digging around furiously.  Apparently he was trying to remember where he had buried things now that I had covered everything up.

Sorry, dude!


No comments:

Post a Comment