Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More Spring Flowers

I just cannot stop myself from buying more and more flowers!  Everything looks so great in the stores right now and I can't resist.  I am trying to buy as many perennials as I can and limit purchases of annual colors so I'm convincing myself that all this flower buying is really an investment in my house's overall landscaping.  My parents gave me a wonderful early Easter gift of 3 more asiatic lilies!  I now have 6 total in my long front bed.

This bed obviously still needs to be cleaned and mulched but it is looking great and slowly filling in.  In the back yard, I finally mulched my little hydrangea bed and also added a couple more potted plants.


I also added another flower bed in the back left corner of my back yard.  I bought some lantana that I hope will grow a few feet and really fill in the once bland corner.



My goal is to eventually have landcaping all around the fenced area of the backyard.  These three beds will be all I put in this spring and then hopefully everything will survive the summer and next year I'll be able to expand.

Luckily the big storms that moved through Dallas yesterday didn't tear up any of my plants (or my house).  They just got a couple of inches of rain that only made them happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment