Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mint-ectomy

My squash continues to grow at an amazing rate.  It's taking over the world.  I moved one to my parents and one to a pot, yet still I have this:
It's completely overtaking the Okra in square 7 and the Apple Mint in square 12.  Since the plant I potted seemed to be doing good, I decided it was time to move a little more.  This time I'm removing my mint from the 12th square and moving a squash over. 


The mint had some crazy roots but was replanted pretty easily.  Luckily I have a big tupperware of my soil combination that has been coming in handy for all these transfers I keep having to do.

My squash now has a little more space and the mint and okra can now see the light of day.  I hope that was the last squash transfer I'll have to do.
Other than squash-overcrowding issues and evictions, the rest of the garden is chugging along.  I have about 20 tomatoes in various stages of growth and all my peppers are starting to bloom.

I'm hoping by the end of summer this picture doesn't become one 4ft square of squash with 15 pots surrounding it.  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment