Thursday, April 12, 2012

Must. Stop. Planting.

It's getting a little crazy.  I just keep snapping up cheap plants and flowers.  My hand watering schedule after work each night is becoming quite involved.  But I can't help it.  I went to Home Depot to get my stump killer last weekend and snapped up 38 flowers for $14.  Well, 2 hanging baskets of purple petunias and 6 6-packs of begonias.  It was enough to fill up the rest of the mulched area in my front yard.  Now I just have to keep them alive and hope they fill out a little.

The begonias are very teeny


I think this brings my planting to an end.  I hope, at least.  The only area I wish I could change now is the long front flower bed.  It has these four green leafy plants growing that I really hoped would get bigger and fill out.  Sadly they haven't.  And the leaves keep browning and breaking.  I think eventually they will have to be dug up and replaced with something a little fuller.  Here's an old photo right after I moved in.
I want something that is always full and green, and maybe flowers in the spring.  There are a bunch of pink bushes flowering in my neighborhood right now.  I think they are all knock out roses.  They look great now but they would just be sticks in the winter.  Hmmm, I'll have to think on that plan for a while.  That may have to be a project for Spring 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment