Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Timber!

Trees weren't the only thing falling Easter Sunday.  As I was cleaning up Sunday morning I heard a loud, long crash coming from my bedroom.  When I last left it, my closet looked like this:
Yet when I walked into my closet Sunday morning, it looked like this:

Where did all my clothes go?  Oh, wait.  There they are on the floor.

Yeah, so basically one-third of my closet collapsed.  Now I am part to blame for this.  I was in the process of switching over my closet to Spring/Summer and had been piling stuff on the shelf that would eventually get hung even though I hadn't fully removed the winter clothes.  Lesson learned.  I am now in the process of organzing my clothes and donating or storing all of the excess.

I managed to rip the anchors right out of the wall on the shelf support beams so I will be heading to Home Depot to get some new metal anchors today.

In the meantime, I just get dressed every morning by digging through the various piles on my bedroom floor.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment